Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Summer days...drifting away!

Even though we are homeschooling, I still love the January "holidays".

Now that the weather has warmed up, it feels like summer...








I don't feel guilty for not "doing schoolwork" (but, of course, we are still learning, talking, reading, playing)...

Quixo

Sir Cumference and the Dragon of Pi

What to play?

Pairs in Pears


Appletters


M.C. Escher "Hand with Sphere" jigsaw (this one is going to take a while...)

And just general lazing around the house...

Love living in Australia - don't panic, he's not poisonous.







Life's not too bad at all.



7 comments:

  1. Oh, I do love summer! :)
    Thanks for giving me some!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over in the US, we are right in the middle of our winter. These pictures look so inviting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm not the only one with sock lines! And Hey, they don't grow spiders that big around here! Glad you're enjoying the games.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and here I was feeling all balmy because most of our snow melted :) Enjoy your gorgeous summery weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos! :) Makes me wish I was there. Love those moments where we can just kick back and relax and slow down. Keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you - it is lovely and summery here and we intend to keep on enjoying it!

    Jane - I don't think they are sock marks (I don't wear long socks ever) - maybe just sunburnt knees? And that spider? He's just a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have been enjoying unseasonable warmth in the northeastern USA for the last couple days, but not warm enough for the pool...I am VERY jealous.
    The nicest thing about learning during NON-learning times is that there is very little planning involved. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Bloggers LOVE comments! We are pretty needy that way, so go on, leave some love :-)

Embroidery Project - Blue Butterfly

I downloaded this pattern as a PDF from Hoop Embroidery Co on Esty as my first attempt at the technique known as "thread painting"...