Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Long time, no blog!

Hello there? Anyone still reading this thing?

My poor blog has been sadly neglected of late, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if you'd all packed up and gone somewhere else where they actually write stuff and post pictures!

We are still here, still homeschooling (of sorts). I have been overloaded with "work". You know, the type where you leave the house and go do stuff for which you get remunerated (and I've just learnt, via spell check, that it is not renumerated)! My little casual, a day every so often, job has gone nuts. The library has been shut down and moved up the road and separated from our little visitors centre, so that means they need double the staff. Add to that multiple staff on annual leave at the same time and all of a sudden my skills were very much in demand!

Luckily, Hubby is able to be at home when I'm at work (I get paid more than the casual staff in our shop), but it does mean that homeschooling has been much more like distance ed for my kids and me. I've missed them dreadfully and they've missed me.

We have, however, managed to squeeze in something resembling a little homeschooling Defying Gravity style!

We have done some writing! Not quite NaNoWriMo, but some fun exercises from Write Shop freebies I downloaded:



We been reading about inventions and watching very interesting DVDs on Inventions That Shook The World:


And we've done Christmas craft!! (Just give me the Homeschool Mother of the Year award right now!). I blatantly stole this idea from Stephanie at Ordinary Life Magic. They work beautifully and use up some of my stash of scrapbook paper and ribbon (I knew they would come in handy one day):






We've done some maths stuff too, but that's about it. I've been stressing about the lack of formal work, but I know that in the end, it will all come out in the wash. I've been stressing about working so much, impending Christmas and big life decisions too, but hell, what's a little stress between friends?

It won't last, this business. I hope it won't anyway. I've taken myself off a few shifts for January. But by February I want to be back to "normal". A girl can dream.

BTW, I've lost 5kg since the end of October! Even with all the work etc, I've been exercising/running 6 days a week and eating clean. This has also taken much of my mental energy.

So, deep breath, carry on and keep calm and all that :-)


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you included that video for the inventions show. I was searching for a few good documentaries to watch with my boys before our holiday break. That one looks like it fits the bill!
    Also glad to see you back to blogging. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Bloggers LOVE comments! We are pretty needy that way, so go on, leave some love :-)

Embroidery Project - Blue Butterfly

I downloaded this pattern as a PDF from Hoop Embroidery Co on Esty as my first attempt at the technique known as "thread painting"...