Sunday, March 11, 2012

The one where Mum gets a bit of her groove back...

I managed to breath out and scramble together something resembling a nice homeschooling week:

Colouring mandalas

Putting together our work on Australian colonies in 1901... 
...into a poster!

Stealing ideas and creating a newspaper hut!

Not participating...

...but he did like stapling!

Finished product!

Bit of algebra - no tears!!!

Lots of piano practice
And some chess and Monopoly.

A great deal came up on a 28 day cruise around Australia...leaving next week...what to do? Overlapped with school holidays and some work for National Parks...OK, not going...but we will keep our eyes peeled for other opportunities.

Let's see how things pan out this week (the sun might even show itself - one can hope!). I'm thinking some cooking, some music, some reading and some documentaries might make an appearance!


4 comments:

  1. I love it!! I knew before I scrolled down your son would be helping :).

    Glad you found your groove again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - he comes over all "whatever", but he's a good kid at heart :-)

      Delete
  2. Looks great to me. I love the newspaper hut. We (I) started to build a hut out of some cardboard boxes using the 'makedo' connectors, but it sat around half-built for so long I dismantled it in the end.

    We're having a 'week off' this week i.e. no planned/forced maths or english or anything that hadn't been arranged beforehand. I'm still filling in my learning record as it will be interesting to see what we manage to cover anyway. Did you have your BOS review yet?

    Also, ds1 is currently supposed to be planning a poster on robots but I haven't seen much evidence of it yet. I think it's all in his head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours is being dismantled this weekend - we just don't have enough room for huts lying around.

      Our BOS review is this year (we got 2 year approval) in about October - we made the decision to homeschool in the middle of the year. So, it's kind of always at the back of my mind this year.

      Yep - we do lots of "planning" but without me there egging them on (a.k.a. nagging) we don't get a lot of "evidence".

      Delete

Bloggers LOVE comments! We are pretty needy that way, so go on, leave some love :-)

Embroidery Project - Blue Butterfly

I downloaded this pattern as a PDF from Hoop Embroidery Co on Esty as my first attempt at the technique known as "thread painting"...