7 Revealing Facts About Myself!
I'm always chuffed when people take the time to leave comments on my posts. I know there are lots of you out there reading my drivel, but it's lovely when you respond. Most bloggers feel the same - although I am a bit slack these days in reciprocating unless you are on FB which I check on my phone.
So I was really chuffed to read Alyson from World Family Travel comment that she actually reads my blog and doesn't just comment for the reciprocal rights! Very cool.
And I was REALLY chuffed to read that Lucinda from Navigating By Joy loves reading my blog, doesn't want me to stop blogging, even if we stop homeschooling. As if! Although just quietly, I'm glad I don't have the word homeschooling in my blog title - it's nice and vague! Just like me...
But Lucinda also nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award!
|Someone thinks I'm inspiring! You like me, you really like me!!|
Thank you Lucinda! I find her very inspiring - especially her maths and science activities - she inspired me to be a better homeschool mum from the other side of the globe (how cool is the internet, huh?).
As part of this award though, we have to reveal seven facts about ourselves. Now I've revealed almost everything about myself on this blog - you don't miss out on much - so if you go "meh, I already knew that" I will understand ;-)
1. I'm not a morning person! I take a while to warm up and my preferred waking hours are in the evening. But I (sometimes) force myself to get up early to exercise before work. But I warn you - don't try to talk to me and sometimes it's a bit scary:
|2. I have another blog - I originally shared the above picture. It's about my weight loss (or much of the time, weight gain) journey. I'm considering merging the two to give me more blog fodder and to over share more of me. Go check it out at: http://ingi-onefootinfrontoftheother.blogspot.com.au/. It'll make you feel better about yourself! And let me know if you think I should merge or keep separate.|
3. I have a potty mouth - sad but true. The f-bomb frequently gets dropped around here, much to my husband and children's dismay. We even joked last night that I have tourettes. I try to refrain a bit here (family-friendly and all that), but on my personal FB page a bit more of the "real" escapes.
4. Despite my oversharing here I am, in fact, an introvert - you kind of have to drag me, kicking and screaming to social events. I am very happy at home, blogging, social media-ing, playing games with my kids and drinking wine and talking shit with my husband. How ironic that my day job involves being "up" and talking and connecting with people so they book their holiday with me. And I'm good at it! But it exhausts me.
5. Under this exterior hides a ballet dancer - once a dancer, always a dancer.
6. Before I was a travel consultant, ranger, library/visitor centre assistant, homeschool mum, high school teacher, swimming instructor, retail business owner and resort manager, I was a fluvial geomorphologist! Yes I was! I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Physical Geography and I used to traipse around rivers all over NSW and WA giving geomorphic advice.
7. I don't believe in (any) God(s) - I was raised a Catholic and grew up believing in God. I questioned some of the teachings in my teenage years attending Catholic school, but it wasn't really up until the last couple of years that I have really questioned a spiritual being and after a lot of reading and thinking have concluded I don't believe. It's been really freeing. But I'm still a good person (except maybe for the potty mouth) and I don't make a big deal about it and I certainly don't judge those that do believe.
Is that me in a nutshell? Who knows, but it's bits of me you may not have known.
Now I have to share the "rules" and nominate other bloggers:
|All done, except the 15 other amazing blogs. Look at the sidebar for who inspires me - the ones I love the best are there. Plus, I need to go cook breakfast.|
8. I also like to break rules.
Surprised at any of that?
What blogs inspire you (share the love)?
Should I merge my blogs?