Thursday, August 02, 2012

Running rings around the competition...


Like most of the rest of the world, we are pretty good armchair-athletes. I love me a good Olympic games! And ever since 1976 in Montreal, I've loved the gymnastics (I wanted to be Nadia Comaneci!). 

So, we are sitting around this morning, in our jammies at 9am, watching Kohei Uchimura of Japan on the rings, on his way to the all-round gold medal. What a feat of human endeavour that event is. What strength. Control. Skill. Something we'll never have in spades around here.

Source

Hubby asks Video Boy: "Do you think you could ever do that?"


To which Video Boy replies: "I can't forsee any circumstances in which that would be useful for my future!" 


Wise beyond his years. (and check out those biceps!)


2 comments:

  1. ~"To which Video Boy replies: "I can't forsee any circumstances in which that would be useful for my future!""~

    I loved this this, it brought a huge smile to my face. At least he is realistic about his future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he! Every now and then, something escapes from the lips of my babes that just floors me! I need to capture those more often :-)

      Delete

Bloggers LOVE comments! We are pretty needy that way, so go on, leave some love :-)

Embroidery Project - Blue Butterfly

I downloaded this pattern as a PDF from Hoop Embroidery Co on Esty as my first attempt at the technique known as "thread painting"...