Where is here? Well, I am "home" for the weekend on the South Coast, having failed to secure rental housing in our nation's capital as of yet. It has been a bit bloody depressing, if I'm completely honest, schlepping through houses, deciding that they will suffice or that I really like them, only to have landlords go with "someone" else (who probably doesn't own a dog or earn their income from commission). Sigh.
So, we have a new plan of attack - look at as many houses as possible, decide which ones will suffice and then put in tenancy applications for all of them and hope one sticks.
Because, although I'm loving the fact that someone makes up my bed with clean sheets every day and cleans my bathroom, the novelty of having no fixed address is wearing thin, not to mention motels are an expensive way to pay rent.
Also, room service and takeaway food is not sustainable for my waistline indefinitely.
Oh and I suppose I miss my family too :-)
So it's good to be home this weekend and not have to work for FOUR WHOLE DAYS! It's not so good to vacuum and do washing, but I am even enjoying cooking again.
My new job is fun, though! Lots of new "systems" and procedures to learn and my head is a bit explode-y, but I really enjoying chatting to clients about their holiday plans around the world. So far I have done bookings for:
- a belated honeymoon in Thailand, staying in pool access room in Phuket
|Not my actual clients...|
- A cruise on the Diamond Princess to New Zealand in a mini-suite:
- hotels and car hire for a trip to England (the Lakes district and London), Paris and Penang on the way home
- return flights to the Gold Coast to visit the grandkids
- a flight home from Oslo, stopping over for a spot of shopping in Dubai and hopefully a tour of Norway to see the fjords
- a trip to Hawaii, including a cruise around the Hawaiian islands on Norwegian Cruise Line
How cool is that?! I've gotten excellent feedback from my supervisor, and provided I don't forget anything massive or stuff up quotes I will be happy!
And so a long weekend of rental applications, sorting and packing, hanging with my family and maybe some yummy food and drink awaits me.
Have you ever been homeless?
The worst house you ever lived in?
What are your Easter plans?