Tuesday, May 05, 2020

The epic saga of the Aldi sleeping bag onesie!

I originally went to Aldi on the advertised date to snaffle up my sleeping bag onesie before they sold out. But no luck at my local Aldi, so I drove to Tuggeranong. But alas, the onesie shelves were bare there too. A couple of you kindly volunteered to search your local Aldis, but no luck there either.
A couple of weeks later, huzzah! Onesies at Lanyon Aldi! I bought a Small bright pink one, because they are sized by length, and I'm a short-ass. But alas, it was too short.




So I took it back with the receipt. They only had navy blue in stock by then. So I took that home and tried it on, and huzzah! It fit!

Then about two weeks later, I was grocery shopping (like I seem to do about 10 times a bloody week during this everyone-is-home-and-eating-all-the-food-all-the-time phase we are in), and lo and behold (Angela note correct usage of "lo") they had PURPLE onesies! Purple is the main ASTRO 3D colour. I could not resist and the anticipation of my work colleagues reactions to my dedication to ASTRO 3D was almost too much to bear!
So I brought my navy onesie and packaging back (sans receipt). The very nice lady there (Mrs Aldi) said I could swap. But do you think by then they had purple Mediums left? Spoiler alert - they did not. So I got a Large (as you will recall, Small was too short).



I enjoyed my too-large purple onesie last week as it kept me from freezing to death in my garage when we had Canberra's coldest April day EVER.
But what (as I was grocery shopping - again - tonight) did I see but a huge motherfucking pile of sleeping bag onesies at Lanyon Aldi! 6 weeks after their advertised sale date! Including the elusive and rare Medium purple onesie! AND they were on sale ($39.90 down from $49.90 - bargain!).
I'm sure you are wondering at this point in this laborious tale if I am, in fact, going back for my FOURTH Aldi onesie sleeping bag. I can assure you that I am NOT. At the rate I'm putting on weight during this lockdown, perhaps Large will be the perfect size soon.
There endeth my tale, and I hope to never post about Aldi sleeping bag onesies ever again.
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloggers LOVE comments! We are pretty needy that way, so go on, leave some love :-)

Embroidery Project - Blue Butterfly

I downloaded this pattern as a PDF from Hoop Embroidery Co on Esty as my first attempt at the technique known as "thread painting"...